At the 2015 L’Oreal Annual Financial Information Meeting, executives discussed innovations seen at L’Oreal, highlighting digital beauty and the future of makeup sales through digital channels.
- “L’Oreal Paris launched an amazing app – MAKEUP GENIUS – the first mobile augmented reality makeup simulator – allowing consumers to try on, live, thousands of looks and products.”
- “Digitalization allows us to reach and recruit new connected consumers.”
- “Digital allows us to bring service to our consumers.”
- “MAKEUP GENIUS is a real beauty adviser in our consumers pockets bringing a level of service never seen before in our channel, with more than 6.3 million downloads. We intend to take full advantage of this historical opportunity to give close service and a closer connection to our consumers on all our brands.”
- “Ecommerce (for our division in China) already represents more than 10% of our sales.”
- “We (are) committed to reinvent mass beauty with…a strong innovation plan and an accelerated digitalization.
– as spoken by Marc Menesguen, L’Oreal President, Consumer Products Division
- “It was a major year in the digital transformation of L’Oreal.”
- “I am a strong believer that digital will transform completely and for the better, the whole relationship between our brands and our consumers.”
- “We have strong intentions to be the pioneers and the leaders of digital beauty.”
- “5 of our brands (are) in the top 10 digital IQ in the USA and in China.”
- “We are very convinced that digital will have a strong positive leverage on the success of the group.”
– as spoken by Jean Paul Agon, L’Oreal Chairman and CEO
See the full presentation to shareholders at the February 13, 2015 Annual Financial Meeting