C++ Software Engineer
Are you an experienced Software Engineer looking for a new and exciting challenge?
Image Metrics is looking for software engineers to help develop our next generation facial analysis and augmented reality visualization technology.
Working as part of our dedicated research team in Manchester, UK, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving our core computer vision, numerical optimization and augmented reality technologies. You will contribute to real-world technology deployed to millions of consumers on a variety of consumer platforms, including mobile devices and games consoles.
The successful candidate will have a passion for this exciting field and the desire to create efficient, practical technology that can be deployed in the real world.
About Image Metrics
Image Metrics is one of the world’s leading facial analysis companies. We develop entertainment and analysis solutions for consumer, computer game, film and research industries. We have a track record of developing some of the most exciting new immersive user experiences on a wide variety of platforms including mobile devices. Our technology has been used to create content and experiences that have been viewed by millions of people world-wide. Our mobile apps include Makeup Genius developed in conjunction with L’Oreal, a number one hit on the iPhone in several countries.
- Energetic team player
- BSc in Software Engineering or a related subject
- Excellent C++ development experience
- Solid understanding of software design
- Experience of deploying production-grade code
- A strong numerical background
- Ability to work well as part of small, focused research and development team
- Motivation to meet customer requirements and development deadlines
- Permission to work in the UK
- Matlab development experience
- Experience of OpenGL rendering and shaders, OpenCV, Boost, Eigen and mobile development is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of optimization techniques, statistical methods, camera geometry and image formation models
- Direct experience of facial analysis, tracking or augmented reality technologies
- The chance to become an integral member of our research team, actively involved in both specific customer support projects and general research and development across the company
- Work in a modern and relaxed research environment in a prime location in the centre of Manchester or in El Segundo, CA
- Contribute towards cutting edge technology deployed to provide new forms of interaction with consumer devices, and deployed in the professional space to create the world’s most respected video games and films
- The chance to work with some of the most exciting entertainment companies in the world
- Opportunities to travel between our offices to help deploy technology
- Excellent salary and benefits package
Please include the following as attachments to your email:
- Cover letter
- CV or résumé
Must be able to commute to our Manchester, UK office. No remote work or contracts. We will consider relocating the right candidate.